SharePoint 2010 My Site–Error when opening the My Profile page

Today just after I configure My Site host in my environment I tried to test the My Site pages by navigating to those pages. But I got the following error once I go to those pages. Following is the stack trace.
Unhandled exception caught during execution of Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.PageBase::ErrorHandler(). Exception information: Exception information: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.UrlUtility.SafeAppendQueryStringParameter(String strUrl, String strKey, String strValue)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.EditProfileButton.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.UrlUtility.SafeAppendQueryStringParameter(String strUrl, String strKey, String strValue)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.EditProfileButton.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
After some time I realized that I need to add the My Site host  address to the My Site configuration settings page. Then I went to the Application Management > Manage service applications > User Profile Service application
image
In the My Site Settings section fill the My Site Host location with the My Site host url.
image
Once you put the My Site host location you can access the  My Profile page without any errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get SharePoint dll version using JavaScript quickly

SharePoint App Only Registration Key Renewal script